Sarasota Memorial Home Care
6075 Rand Blvd., Suite 3, Sarasota, Fl 34239
Central Intake Fax: 727-394-6540
Sarasota Memorial Home Care, facilitated by BayCare Health System and awarded the government's highest 5-Star rating for quality by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), offers a full range of skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapy and personal care for patients recovering at home from an operation, illness, injury or medical condition. These include:
Skilled Nursing Services
Registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) provide Home Care patients with:
• Observation and assessment
• Laptop, point-of-care documentation with access to patient medical history
• Wound healing and enterostomal care
• Virtual visits with wound ostomy-certified nurses
• Tracheostomy care / ventilators / chest tubes
• Catheter and urological care
• Injections and laboratory draws
• Disease management, teaching and training
• Medication management, including injections, oral medications and IV infusions.
Through telemonitoring, our nurses can remotely monitor a patient's vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, weight and oxygenation) to continually assess their condition and can provide immediate support when intervention is needed.
The Home Care nursing team also provides disease management services for many conditions, including these:
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
• Heart failure
• Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
• Myocardial infarction / heart attack
• Knee and hip replacement
• Respiratory issues
• Renal disease
The Home Care Team
Sarasota Memorial’s multi-disciplinary Home Care team comprises:
• Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants
• Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants
• Speech language pathologists
• Social workers
• Home health aides
• Certified mastectomy fitters
• Registered, licensed pharmacists
Why Choose SMH Home Care?
Choosing the right home healthcare program for your needs or for a loved one can be daunting. When you choose Sarasota Memorial Home Care, you can be confident in your selection.
• SMH Home Care offers a full range of services delivered by highly qualified and skilled healthcare providers.
• Fully accredited: SMH Home Care is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the industry’s highest standard of quality.
• 5-Star CMS rating: Sarasota Memorial Home Care carries a 5 Star Quality of Patient Care Star rating from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
• Home Care’s hospital-readmission rates are significantly lower than national and statewide rates.
• We accept Medicare and most managed care insurance plans.