|Serving Size||1 sandwich|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|
|Vitamin A||90% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Country style whole grain bread||4 slices|
|Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped||2|
|Italian parsley, finely chopped||4 tablespoons|
|Hot red pepper flakes||¼ teaspoon|
|Egg substitute, lightly beaten||1 cup|
|Large tomato, cored and finely diced||2|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||12|
|Low fat cheddar cheese||½ cup|
- Lightly toast slices of bread in toaster. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place butter into a medium-size sauté pan over low heat.
- When the butter melts, add the garlic, parsley, hot pepper flakes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir slowly over low heat until the mixture starts to form small curds. Be careful not to overcook.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes and cook until set; add salt and pepper.
- Arrange and divide the egg mixture onto the 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Top each with basil leaves and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.