- 3 - small red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers
- 1 - small onion
- 2 - tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 - tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 - tablespoon capers
- 1 - tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 - pound sirloin steak
- 1 - teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat grill to medium.
Combine bell peppers, onion, vinegar, oil, capers, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried) and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Stack two 30-inch-long pieces of foil. Arrange the pepper mixture on one half and fold the foil. Tightly seal the packet by crimping and folding the edges together.
Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder, the remaining thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Place the steak and foil packet on the grill. Grill the steak about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5 minutes per side for medium. Grill the packet until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steak with the peppers.