- 1 - lemon
- 1/2 - cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 - tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 - tablespoon canola oil
- 1 - pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 - ounces mushrooms
- 1 - cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 - cups snow peas
- 1 - bunch scallions
- 1 - tablespoon chopped garlic
Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside. Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs. Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and the chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.