- 1/2 - cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 - tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 - tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 - tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 - tablespoons pasteurized egg substitute
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons walnut or canola oil
Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add cranberries; boil for 2 minutes. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg (if using) in a large bowl.
Whisk milk, egg substitute, oil and vanilla (if using) in a small bowl until combined.
Coarsely chop the cranberries; stir into the milk mixture. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook 2 pancakes at a time until bubbles dot the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until browned, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter.