August 3, 2015
Notice to Medical Staff: The Sarasota Memorial Hospital Nominating Committee has announced the 2015-2016 Medical Staff Leadership nominees:
Chief of Staff – Elect, Scott B. Stevens, M.D.
Secretary-Treasurer, Bruce M. Fleegler, M.D.
At-Large Member, Ashvin I. Patel, M.D.
At-Large Member, Mark Jonathan Ramos, M.D.
Nominations may also be submitted in writing by petition signed by at least five Active Staff members at least 30 days prior to the election: Deadline for submission, September 25, 2015.
3rd Quarter Highest Scoring Physician in their Specialty:
Congratulations to our Highest Scoring Physicians in their Specialty!
Scores were tabulated from patient responses to “Communication with Doctors” questions on the HCAHPS Survey.
• We have ties for Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology, and Neurosurgery!
Pictures are posted in the physician’s lounge – say cheese ?
1. Lalita Bhamidipati, MD - Internal Medicine
2. Clayton Bredlau, MD - Cardiovascular Disease
3. Adam Bright, MD - Orthopedic Surgery
4. Robert Carey, MD - Urology
5. Steven Class, MD - Interventional Cardiology
6. Sean Dingle, MD - Orthopedic Surgery
7. James Fiorica, MD - Gynecology/Oncology
8. Steven Grogg, DO - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
9. Richard Jamison, MD - Obstetrics & Gynecology
10. Robert Knego, MD - Neurological Surgery
11. Peter Mayer, MD - Neurological Surgery
12. Russell Novak, MD - General Surgery
13. Eugenia Samoilova-Wagoner, DO - Hospitalist
14. David Schreibman, MD - Interventional Cardiology
15. Jeffrey Sell, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
16. David Showalter, MD - Vascular Surgery
17. Ronald White, MD - Orthopedic Surgery
Update To 'Consult MD' Order within SCM
In response to a longstanding request from both the Medical Staff and numerous hospital departments, a solution has been developed that will improve name and specialty selection and reduce errors from occurring when entering consult orders.
Below is a screen shot of the new search tool. This search pulls in Physicians by both name (first and last) and specialty. This tool has been piloted successfully by the Hospitalist Group over the past few months. It will be made a vailable house wide Thursday evening.
You must click on the ‘search button’ before you type in the Physician Name or Discipline.
Once you have clicked on the Search button you can either search on Physician Name or Discipline/Specialty. You must select/highlight the name from the list and then select ‘ok’.
ICD-10 Education sessions with Dr. Timothy Brundage: ICD-10 is coming. Are you ready?
Physician and Allied Health Provider Peer-to-Peer ICD-10 Education sessions are being offered:
Thursday, August 13th available at 7am, 1pm, 4pm - Classroom 3 C
Thursday, August 25th available at 9am, 1pm, 4pm – Classroom 4 A & B
For more information or to sign up for an individual or group training, please contact Clinical Documentation Informatics Specialists at ICDfirstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 917-2331.
ICD-10 Resources available to you:
Thank you for taking the time to read this newsletter. Please feel free to discuss these issues and any new issues with your medical staff leaders. You are a valued physician at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.