With one phone call to a transfer specialist at Sarasota Memorial Hospital, all necessary arrangements can be made to arrange an inter-hospital transfer to our facility. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Transfers/Referrals 941-917-3900 or (toll-free: 1-800-764-8255 ext. 3900)
Sarasota Memorial’s multidisciplinary stroke team – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week – is nationally recognized for following advanced stroke protocols and collaborating to provide the best treatment options for people whose lives are threatened by stroke.
Sarasota Memorial’s Stroke Team is led by Mauricio Concha, MD, stroke neurologist (board-certified Neurology & Vascular Neurology) and medical director of Sarasota Memorial’s Comprehensive Stroke Center. The team includes:
• Board-Certified Neurologists
• Board-Certified Neurointerventional Radiologist
• Board-Certified Interventional Radiologists
• Board-Certified Neurosurgeons
• Board-Certified Physiatrist (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician)
• Board-Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians
• Multidisciplinary clinical team including:
-- Stroke Nurses
-- Speech and Swallow Therapists
-- Physical and Occupational Therapists
-- Registered Dietitians
-- Clinical Case Managers
Physician Referrals For a referral to one of Sarasota Memorial’s stroke specialists or physicians, please contact our HealthLine at (941) 917-7777 or toll-free (800) 764-8255 (ext. 7777).