In partnership with New York’s Columbia University, Sarasota Memorial offers the most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services in the region.
The collaboration with Columbia University Medical School’s Division of Cardiac Surgery combines the strengths of two proven leaders in cardiovascular care – Sarasota Memorial is ranked among the nation’s top 1 percent of hospitals. New York's Ivy League Columbia University is ranked among the nation's top academic medical schools and cardiovascular teaching programs. Together, we provide patients in Southwest Florida and beyond greater access to the latest innovations and treatment options in cardiac care.
The partnership gives our patients and physicians:
• 24/7 access to Columbia’s cardiac surgery faculty and vast base of academic knowledge, technology and research for case consultation and program development.
• Access to the latest diagnostic and treatments, including new cardiac devices and minimally invasive/percutaneous treatment options.
• Opportunities to participate in research initiatives and clinical trials in the hospital or academic setting.
• Coordinated care and referrals to Columbia Medical Center for patients who need procedures not performed at Sarasota Memorial, such as pediatric heart surgery and heart transplants. Sarasota Memorial also can provide coordinated care for New York patients visiting or living part-time in Southwest Florida.
For more than 30 years, Sarasota Memorial's heart specialists have brought the latest techniques and cardiovascular treatments to our community – from robotic surgery in our iSuites to transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the Hybrid OR. Our team of cardiac, cardiothoracic and vascular specialists has decades of experience in the evaluation and treatment of irregular heartbeats, heart attacks, heart failure, heart surgery, valve disorders and other cardiovascular and thoracic disorders.
Many have come to us from the best teaching hospitals in the nation – Johns Hopkins, Columbia, Duke, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Mass General. Collectively, they perform nearly 1,000 cardiovascular surgeries and more than 5,000 cardiovascular procedures each year … with amazing results. Sarasota Memorial’s superior patient outcomes and quality rankings consistently place us among America’s best hospitals.
Among others services, Sarasota Memorial offers:
• Rapid Assessment & Treatment of chest pain & heart attack.
• Complete Cardiac Catheterization Capabilities – including emergency angioplasty for heart attack patients and induced hypothermia for cardiac arrest & stroke patients.
• Experienced Cardiac, Vascular & Thoracic Surgeons – with subspecialties in single incision, minimally invasive and robotic assisted surgeries
• Interventional & Neurointerventional Radiologists – with carotid angiography & carotid stenting for people too frail to undergo surgery
• Electrophysiology Labs – with advanced mapping and ablation therapies to treat irregular heartbeats, such as atrial fibrillation and cure deadly arrhythmias without surgery.
• Technically Advanced "iSuites" – "intelligent" operating rooms, including a Hybrid OR, robotic surgery suites and interventional/neurointerventional radiology suites.
• Valve Clinic – with a multidisciplinary team of cardiovascular specialists to evaluate, support and manage the care of patients with complex valve disorders.
• Specialized Cardiac Care Units – Two state-of-the-art cardiac floors in the hospita's new Courtyard Tower offering private healing rooms, 24/7 wireless telemetry monitoring and advanced practice cardiac nurses to care for all types of heart patients.Click here for a virtual tour
• Clinical Research Center – Research goes on at an active pace at Sarasota Memorial's Clinical Research Center, with 30 or more studies covering a cross section of disciplines underway at any point in time. Click here for cardiac related trials >>>.
• Full Continuum of Preventive, Early Detection and Follow-Up Care – including Preventive Heart Screenings, Anticoagulation Clinic, Heart Failure Center and Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Patient Transfers: Immediate Access, 24 Hours A Day
Our Transfer Center and specially equipped ambulances – mobile intensive care units – are available 24/7 help ensure cardiac and stroke patients with complex, high-risk conditions can be quickly and safely transferred to Sarasota Memorial.
If you are experiencing a serious heart condition or want a second opinion on testing or treatment options, the cardiovascular specialists at Sarasota Memorial are here to help. Call our physician referral HealthLine at (941) 917-7777 or browse our online physician directory.