- *Cancer Types & Treatments / Women's Cancer Care Program
- Sarasota Memorial Institute for Cancer Care
- Meet the Team/Medical Collaboration & Case Review
- Guide to Your Hospital Stay / Outpatient Care Maps & Directions
- Managing Pain, Symptoms & Side Effects
- Hereditary Cancer / Genetic Testing & Counseling
- Cancer Care Clinical Trials
- Accreditation & Recognition
- Cancer Registry / Reports
- Breast Health Services
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer can be frightening, stressful and difficult emotionally. At Sarasota Memorial you'll have access to the kinds of advanced technology, genetic testing, treatments and clinical trials generally found only at major medical centers. That, and the multi-disciplinary team of oncology experts who will care for you have helped earn the hospital recognition as one of America’s 50 best hospitals from U.S. News & World Report.
At Sarasota Memorial, we treat the whole person, not just the cancer. You’ll find our physicians’ sensitive and our nurses compassionate. And whether it’s providing psychological counseling to help you cope, assistance with finding support groups, or aid with locating the resources in your community you'll need after treatment, you’ll find our team is there to help and support you and your family through every step of your recovery.
Find your specific type of cancer on our online health guide, Consumer Health Solution, and learn more about its symptoms, risk factors, prevention strategies and treatments.
Sarasota Memorial's Women's Cancer Specialty Program
Sarasota Memorial's Women's Cancer Specialty Program is directed by nationally recognized gynecological oncologist and researcher James Fiorica, MD. Dr. Fiorica has pioneered a number of new techniques for screening and treating women's cancer. And as head of the Women’s Cancer Specialty program, he works with primary care physicians, gynecologists and obstetricians throughout the region to ensure women have access to the most successful treatments available.
Sarasota Memorial's Breast Health Center
Sarasota Memorial's Breast Health Center offers the latest diagnostic and screening technology available, in a comfortable setting, with a caring and compassionate staff.
Sarasota Memorial's Breast Health Center is located in the Waldemere Medical Plaza, 1921 Waldemere Street, Sarasota, across the street from the main hospital campus.
For added convenience, we offer the latest mammography screening technology available at three additional neighborhood care centers:
- The Institute for Advanced Medicine, about ½ mile west of I-75 off Clark Road
- Sarasota Memorial Care Center at University Parkway, corner of Honore and University Parkway
- Sarasota Memorial Care Center at Blackburn Point, corner of U.S. 41 and Blackburn Point Road, Osprey