- *OB Hospitalist
- Women's & Children's Services Overview
- Obstetrics/Maternity Services
- Childbirth Preparation/Education Classes
- Gynecology Services / Gynecological Cancer
- High Risk Pregnancies/Perinatal Services
- Development Delays / Services & Support
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Contact Us
- Walgreens Bedside Delivery Program
- Breast Health Services
- Medications, Substances & Stimulants
- New Moms & Dads Blog
- Mothers and Babies Get-Together
Ensuring the Best for You and Your Baby
Sarasota Memorial provides a special service for expectant mothers delivering their babies at the hospital - board certified, experienced OB doctors in the hospital around-the-clock.
Our OB Hospitalists are available immediately throughout the day and night to examine patients, evaluate the progress of labor, check lab results, handle emergencies and provide a safe delivery for women who do not have their own physician or whose physician requests assistance.
OB Hospitalists are obstetricians who specialize in acute care of hospitalized patients. In addition to the traditional training and education required to earn their medical degree, they also are trained in neonatal resuscitation, advanced cardiac life support and obstetrical emergency care.
Among other services, our OB Hospitalists provide:
- Medical care in times of emergency prior to the arrival of a patient's own physician;
- Consults and management of patients in the hospital requested by their primary physician, or hospital if the patient has no referring physician;
- Support and care for high-risk pregnancy patients;
- Delivery for women who don't have an obstetrician or whose physician requests assistance or cannot be present at the time of birth.
After Your Hospital Stay
Hospitalists care for patients only while they are in the hospital. They will consult with your primary care physician and other specialists and nurses involved in your care, follow up on tests and treatments and ensure everyone stays informed of your care plan. Any medical issues you may have following your stay are directed back to your primary care physician.
Cost of Care
The Ob Hospitalists Group bills medical insurance directly as a courtesy to all patients. Charges are comparable to fees patients would normally pay for emergency care, or for their personal physician caring for them when they are admitted to the hospital or treated on an outpatient basis.
For More Information
Please call (941) 917-5479