Six Convenient Clinic Locations
For hours & appointments, please call individual offices.
- 1. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Heritage Harbour
- 1040 River Heritage Blvd.
- Bradenton, FL 34212 - 917-8128
- 2. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at University Parkway (Coming Soon)
- 5350 University Parkway
- Sarasota, FL 34243 - 917-8889
- 3. Sarasota Memorial Heart & Vascular Services
- 1540 S. Tamiami Trail
- Sarasota, FL 34239 - 917-8889
- 4. Sarasota Memorial Institute for Advanced Medicine
- 5880 Rand Blvd. (off Clark Rd. near I-75)
- Sarasota, FL 34238 - 917-8230
- 5. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Blackburn Point
- 929 S. Tamiami Trail
- Osprey, FL 34229 - 917-3418
- 6. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Venice
- 997 N. US 41 Bypass
- Venice, FL 34285 - 917-8889
Sarasota Memorial’s Anticoagulation Clinic is an outpatient medical specialty clinic that helps patients safely manage their anticoagulation medications, including Warfarin sodium, Coumadin and Jantoven, and increase the amount of time their blood tests INR) remain in the appropriate range. In recent years, studies have shown that patients who are managed by Anticoagulation Clinics experience fewer incidences of bleeding and harmful clot formations, as well as fewer hospital visits resulting from these complications.
Our Anticoagulation Team
Medical Director: Patrick Delmastro, MD Board-Certified Cardiologist
Clinical Nursing Team: ARNPs and RNs certified in anticoagulation therapy and specialized expertise in cardiovascular care.
Our team manages multiple conditions that require the use of short-term or long-term anticoagulants – including those with atrial fibrillation, mechanical heart valves, or those who have had deep vein thrombosis, a pulmonary embolism or other forms of blood clots..
Comprehensive 1-on-1 Approach
• Regular assessment of INR values, medication and lifestyle changes; evaluation of patient needs
• Lab testing (simple finger-stick technology)
• Results available immediately so that dosage can be adjusted if needed.
• Provide advanced medical assessments and interventions as warranted.
• Ongoing education and support to help patients and their families manage changes in diet, medications and other factors or medical conditions that can affect anticoagulation therapy.
Assessing/Managing Withdrawal Risks
• Specialized tools and expertise to manage patients who require withdrawal from their oral anticoagulation and need low molecular weight bridging for procedures and surgery.
• Evidence-based risk assessment tools – recognized as “best practice” by Joint Commission and nation’s Magnet hospitals– help analyze risk of withdrawal vs. risk of procedura bleeds/hospitalized venous thromboembolism to determine best course of therapy.
We welcome patients at any stage of anticoagulation therapy. All patients receiving treatment from the clinic must have a referral and visit their managing physician at least once a year.
Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance cover some or all of our services. People who are uninsured or experiencing financial difficulties may be eligible for free or discounted care.