From our families to yours,
We wish you a Happy New Year ~
Professional Practice Evaluation Committee:
On December 17, 2015, Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Medical Staff Executive Committee and Medical Staff approved the Medical Staff Professional Practice Evaluation Committee. The purpose of PPEC is to create a centralized, multi- specialty approach for conducting Medical Staff peer review. PPEC will consist of seven nominated and experienced medical staff leaders. Dr. Richard Brown has been asked to chair our valued committee. Responsibilities of the PPEC will be:
- Implementation and review of the Peer Review Policy
- Review and approve department indicators that will trigger the peer review process
- Resolution of system issues
- Implementation of performance improvement plans
- Peer review of interdepartmental cases
- Quarterly reports from the Departmental QI Chairs
Capacity Expansion Project:
Lorrie Liang, COO’s, latest updates to continue and improve upon the capacity initiatives include:
- Electronic informational boards will replace dry erase boards.
- Discharge Huddles will roll out house wide January 18th ~ Physicians are encouraged to participate!
- A new Departure Lounge opening in Mid-February will provide discharged patients a comfortable transition from hospital to home while they wait for their ride.
- A website has been created to give access to project information. Located on the PULSE home page.
Participation ~ Emergency Preparedness: Emergency Cell Phone and Carrier Information:
In the event that an Emergency Mass Communication must be sent to our Medical Staff the decision to send a text message is available. The hospital has asked for Medical Staff and Advance Practice Professionals participation.
Please send an email to MedStaffServices@smh.com to provide current
1. cell phone number AND
2. cell phone provider (AT&T, SPRINT, VERIZON…etc.).
This information will be CONFIDENTIAL and only used for CRITICAL SITUATIONS.
How to create “Favorites List” in Working Diagnosis:
Did you know that there are three ways to search for a Working Diagnosis via the Placement Order?
You may use the Full Catalog Search tab, Browse tab or Favorites Tab.
The following hyperlink will provide step-by-step instructions on how-to create the Favorites List.
- Open the hyperlink or copy and paste the URL for details:
Medical Record Completion:
If you experience difficulties with completion of medical records, or have errors on your patient list, please contact Health Information Management at 917-7143 to address your concerns with the process in a timely manner.
Have you designated one day of the week to complete ALL incomplete records?