Sarasota Memorial's Community Medical Clinic provides specialty care and referral services to residents of Sarasota County who are uninsured, underinsured and demonstrate significant financial need (to qualify, individuals and families must be low income and fall within 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines).
Proof of Sarasota County residency (current picture identification and/or utility bill in your name with your complete address) is required. Those seeking care must be referred by Senior Friendship Centers, Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County, North County Healthcare Center, GENESIS, Good Samaritan Pharmacy & Health Services or physicians/providers who have privileges at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Criteria for services:
Proof of Sarasota County residency (current address or a picture identification and/or utility bill in your name with your complete address). Must meet low income guidelines and have little or no insurance. A Community Medical Clinic staff member can assist you with this qualification process. Please call (941) 917-7731 for assistance.
Location and Hours:
The clinic is located at 1851 Arlington Street, Suit 208 (second floor). Hours: 8a.m. - 5p.m., M-Th. Closed Friday.
The Community Medical Clinic offers a variety of specialty clinics that include:
- Orthopedics (non-surgical)
- Surgery (limited)
Other specialists and services we refer to include:
- Breast Health (mammogram)
- Coumadin Clinic
- General Surgery
- Heart Failure Center
- Infectious Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nutritional Services
- Ophthalmology (Eyes)
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, Throat)
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Sleep Disorder Clinic
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound Care
Services we do not offer include the following:
- Chronic pain medication
- Disability determination examinations
- Emergencies, such as broken bones or severe cuts or burns (emergencies are directed to the Sarasota Memorial Hospital Emergency Care Center)
- Flu shots
- HIV or STD
- Pregnancy testing or pregnancy related problems
- Routine immunizations
- Routine school physicals
- Second opinions
Become a volunteer and make a difference!
The Community Medical Clinic is a place where each volunteer's contribution is vital to the clinic's success.
- Physicians are covered under the Florida Statute 766.1115 of Sovereign Immunity when they sign a Volunteer Agreement and see the clinic patients for free. This is protection from liability issues that can occur.
- Retired Physicians may also volunteer. Florida Board of Medicine offers retired physicians a Limited License when they volunteer at the clinic receiving no renumeration.
We always appreciate and need physician volunteers. For more information about obtaining a limited license and joining our team, please contact the Clinical Manager at the Community Medical Clinic at (941) 917-6364.