The Sarasota Memorial Transfer Center helps ensure the quick and smooth transfer of patients from other hospitals to Sarasota Memorial. Just one call to (941) 917-3900 initiates the transfer process. Specially trained Registered Nurses are available 24/7 to:
- Facilitate physician-to-physician consultation
- Arrange for prompt placement of patient on the appropriate specialty care unit at Sarasota Memorial
Who may need a hospital-to-hospital transfer?
Patients requiring specialty care available only at another hospital. Typically, cardiac and stroke patients and individuals with complex and high-risk conditions.
How to initiate a hospital transfer:
For patients: Talk to your physician and ask to be transferred to your hospital of choice. If you are too sick, ask a family member to speak with your physician.
For physicians and clinicians: Click Here
The Transfer Center can assist in moving patients to:
- Sarasota Memorial’s Comprehensive Stroke Center: Sarasota Memorial is one of only a few hospitals in Florida to be state-certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The designation demonstrates that our stroke care program follows standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
- A cornerstone of our Comprehensive Stroke Center is our Neurointerventional Radiology Program. SMH is among a small group of hospitals around the state to offer this relatively new but growing specialty that uses minimally invasive endovascular procedures to diagnose and treat disorders of the blood vessels of the spine, head and neck. Click here for more information.
- Sarasota Memorial’s Heart & Vascular Services: Sarasota Memorial has one of the largest cardiac programs in Florida and offers some of the most advanced diagnostics and minimally invasive procedures in the region. Our robotic surgery program, the first in the area, is a revolutionary, less invasive alternative to open-heart surgery and promotes quicker recovery. Cardiac rehabilitation, heart failure and anti-coagulation disease management clinics ensure our heart patients have access to a full continuum of cardiac care. Click here for more information.
- Any other inpatient service - Click here for list of service
Sarasota Memorial operates several state-of-the-art Mobile Intensive Care Units, specially equipped ambulances designed to respond on-demand to critically ill adult patients and at-risk expectant mothers/newborns who live in outlying communities. We also work with independent transport companies to arrange prompt, safe transfers.
Call our Transfer Center at (941) 917-3900. To find a physician in Sarasota, call (941) 917-7777.